[Scribus] New porting target

zee zeekey
Mon Jun 6 22:48:35 CEST 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:21:38 +0200, Maciej Hanski wrote:
> Andreas has announced yet another test build for MacOSX users, there
> seem to be not too many people willing to give it a shot and write
> their feedback:

well, I am a Mac OS X user champing at the bit to get to learning
Scribus, but I think I've sort of harmed myself in that for now...

My production mac has X-11 which has presented scribus installation
difficulties via Fink..my alternative is to nuke and pave and reinstall
everything for scribus, which is not possible w/respect to projects
ongoing.

My second Mac is a Tiger install; Tiger and Scribus seem to have issues
from what I understand.

I am experimenting with the pre-alpha aqua version but that's not the
same experience as I could have were I to use Scribus in the
x-windowing environment.

I'm in between  a self-imposed rock and a hard place with that...but I
am committed to learning and using scribus for serious work.