[Scribus] German forum needed for business

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Jun 5 02:07:20 CEST 2005

Hallo Ekkard,

> Like already mentioned I'm a 2-person business (might be with
> some students next weeks, see flyers on the walls of University
> of Karlsruhe sticked thursday). It's my secretary and not me who
> has to make flyers - and my secretary can't understand/speak
> english. So she normally stops working when a problem occurs and
> can't ask in this list.

In addition to other suggestions already made, two additional possibilities:

1) There is a printed introduction to scribus in German available:

http://www.bomots.de/scribus/index.htm

You can even read the content for scribus 1.1.5 online, but 12,80 EUR is
probably not too much for your needs as I understood them.

It's not completely up to date as it is written for scribus 1.2, but
your assistant can easily learn the the basics from the book.

2) Watch the list for some time. You'll soon find out who understands
German. Then, your assistant can mail to the people directly, without
contacting the list. I, for my part, have received a lot of help from
the list, and I won't hesitate to lend a helping hand to new scribus
users, at least in aereas where I am able to. As long as you don't
expect a "help desk", feel free to mail me. I'm sure others will join in
as well.

Gr??e

Christoph