[Scribus] How to install version 1.3

Claudius Wettstein claudius.wettstein
Fri Jun 3 16:23:33 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 3. Juni 2005 14:12 schrieb John:
> I wanted to play with version 1.3.  So I did the CVS thing; that
> went fine.  Then I came to ./configure.  Sheesh, I need this, I
> need that, I need that, seemed like a thousand things weren't
> right.
>
> I took a few passes at upgrading and installing various things that
> it was whining about, but no joy.

Hi John,

maybe this info could help you: While the output of the
"configure"-script always complaints simply about missing packages,
most of the cases it's just the corresponding devel-package that is
missing, since most distro divides packages into the program package
you need to run the prog and a package with headers you need for
developing (and thus compiling).

So make sure, you have all devel-packages of the "missing" things
installed.

HTH and cheers
Claudius