Scribus Digest, Vol 29, Issue 75 - Re: [Scribus] Linked frames - is there a limit?

Robert R. Di Giorgio bobdi
Sun Jul 31 01:48:08 CEST 2005

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:18:49 +0800
From: Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Linked frames - is there a limit?
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 13:41 -0700, Robert R. Di Giorgio wrote:

>> I'm doing a 24-page booklet that needs a number of linked frames, I have
>> about 6 in place (hard to tell exactly, because the link marks are
>> unpredictable).But now it won't accept a link between my next pair of pages.

There should certainly be no limit like that. I generated a 100+ long
series of linked frames at one point (using Python). Admittedly, the app
was almost unusuably slow, but it worked.

Is it possible that there's already text content in the target frame, or
it's a member of another linked series? I don't think any useful
notification to the user is done when they try to link a frame like
this, it's just ignored (tottles off to bugs.scribus.net to file another
usability bug).

--
Craig Ringer

Thanks for the tip. It turned out that frame that wouldn't accept the link had two empty text frames in the same space.

Bob