[Scribus] Translators needed: DTP/Printing glossary on the Wiki

Boštjan Špetič igzebedze
Sat Jul 30 09:24:53 CEST 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 05:45:32 +0200, Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Ludi,
>
>> The article is intending to explain DtP terms, fine. But I think you (we)
>> should tell what is the mean of each term, not just make a simple translation
>> to the X language, so brand new translators (and users) would understand it
>> more easily.
>
> Actually, that's not part of a glossary. A glossary simply "maps" one
> term to another one, in this case in another language. There's still
> much work to be done before we can think about having more of it.
>
>> We already have translated the GUI (and this terms) to others languages.
>
> It's not only the GUI. We need an easily accesible list of terms for
> discussions on further development. Things like "overprinting" are
> already mentioned on the bugtracker, but you need a way to find it from
> your native language, if only to avoid redundant feature requests/bug
> reports.

this is a great idea! it might make sense to prepare a list of english terms and a nice script, that would find the current transtlations (most of them) from the file. or maybe do that for all languages, so that translators would only have to edit stuff...
well, if you think this'd be a good idea, i can do it rather quickly (i some of you also probably)..

i will definetly fill this out until autumn...

reagrds, bostjan