[Scribus] Bugs, Features or Just me being Picky?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Jul 29 22:43:12 CEST 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 22:49, Calum Polwart wrote:
> I've been doing my first 'proper' piece of DTP in Scribus today (1.3).
> (First piece using scribus properly, rather than first time doing DTP)
>
> Some 'features' which are bugging me which I'll happily submit through
> bugzilla (or whatever it is) if people agree they are worth reporting...
>
> In case anyone is trying to repriduce: The document I am working in is
> an A4 document folded to A5 to form a booklet.  It has 24 pages, and I
> am working in a two page per view setup.
>
> *When I copy from one page and try to paste to another the paste goes
> onto the scratch space *at the top of the document... ...that's a real
> pain - it means draging bit by bit back down to page 20... quicker to
> re-do the process by hand - but daft - cut and paste should past near
> where I last clicked the cursor.

Known. Will be fixed soon enough in 1.3.1cvs. For now, right click and paste
to get it to paste where you mouse is at the time.

> *When in text editor and editing a style, trying to close the 'window
> that lists the styles' takes several clicks of OK and / or Cancel to get
> out...* Can't see why.  I have a suspicion that as more styles are added
> it is taking more clicks...

Known. Unsure there too. Its a result of making the story editor non modal,
will have a look.

> *Hyphenation - window doesn't switch off.* I did have one of the
> 'confirm hyphenation' type settings set, then switched all hyphenation
> off.  When you close the edit text window it still tries to confirm
> hyphenation.  Also if you click 'cancel' it asks twice before cancel works.

If you have it set to confirm, yes you must confirm all. Will be fixed when
hyphenation is updated.

Craig