[Scribus] Scribus1.3.0 -- paragraph styles in incoming text.

Robert R. Di Giorgio bobdi
Fri Jul 29 20:10:14 CEST 2005

I publish a monthly magazine with material provided by outside
contributors. I have my own paragraph styles set up to maintain the look
and style of the magazine.

When I "get text" from an outside source, I am given the choice of:
1. letting the incoming styles overwrite my own styles (!)
2. merging the incoming styles with my own styles, which would also
modify my own styles (!)
3. Letting Scribus create new styles based on the document name (at
least this doesn't damage my own styles, but it sure clutters up the
style list with a large list of styles that may never be used again.
4. Don't ask again. (Then what happens?)

I need two other choices:
1. Use style [existing styles list]. Let me decide what style I want in
my magazine.
2. Use no style. (better than any of the existing options.)

At present, I use Option 3, then spend a lot of time changing the
automatically created styles with the ones I want to use, then deleting
the unwanted styles. An annoying waste of time.