[Scribus] Scribus 1.3 observations

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Jul 25 09:41:03 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 09:28 +0200, Thomas Koll wrote:

> BTW: Doesn't jpg allow exif-thumbnails? Would be nice if those could
> be used for even faster display.

TIFF certainly does. I don't think JPEG its self does, but the EXIF
metadata standard for JPEG does. It'd be interesting to support those
for preview and even on page display. Though I think the quality is
likely to be terrible, they'd be a nice fast way of working with images
without ever having to load and downsample the full image.

--
Craig Ringer