[Scribus] Re: Aqua versions crash on start #still

Andreas Vox avox
Fri Jul 22 14:10:40 CEST 2005

Martin wrote:
> I had already thought about sending the crash log (just wasn't sure
> wether I could send it to the list). But this crash behavior makes it
> easier than it had thought: there is no crash report displayed nor
> safed to disk.
>
> At least, there are some Scribus-related entries in console.log:
> scpaths: bundle at /Users/test/Applications/Scribus.app:
> scpaths: doc
> dir=/Users/test/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/share/scribus/doc/
> scpaths: icon
> dir=/Users/test/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/lib/scribus/plugins/
> scpaths:
> qtplugins=/Users/test/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/lib/qtplugins/

If there's nothing following after that it means that Scribus hangs
right at the start of searching for fonts.

I'm afraid I've to ask you to do the following:

* type the following command in Terminal:
	gdb  /Users/test/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/bin/scribus

* wait till gdb is finished starting up and shows the (gdb) prompt

* type "run ENTER"

* wait till Scribus is stuck in searching fonts

* hit CTRL-C

* type "where ENTER"

* you can now stop Scribus with "CTRL-D ENTER y ENTER"

* send the backtrace to me :-)

TIA
/Andreas