[Scribus] insert lorem ipsum: back to context menu?

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Wed Jul 20 01:37:32 CEST 2005

>Hi Craig,
>
>>I have been trying to clean up the context menu. Inserting sample
>>text is probably not a day to day task for a pro user? Or do others
>>things otherwise? I can easily add it back if so.
>
>It really depends on what you use a DTP app for. A newspaper or
>magazine won't need sample text very often since the layout is more
>or less fixed. On the other hand, if you have to do many different
>jobs for different customers, all of them with different layout
>preferences, lorem ipsum is a standard tool. Personally, I always
>present different proposals with lorem ipsum to force them to
>*look*, and not to read.
>
>>Perhaps assigning a shortcut would suit your purpose more? Any menu
>>item can have a shortcut now, just edit in Preferences.
>
>Of course this will do the job nicely. Maybe it would be useful to
>hear what others think about this issue.

The fact is such a feature exists in Quark and I use it very rarely
(somewhere down the Utility menu...).
Surprisingly, I use it very often in Scribus.
I think this is a matter of just how handy the tool is. :)
I didn't test 1.3 yet so I don't know where "Insert Sample Text" is gone now.
My guess is if it isn't in the context menu, we might use it less
than we would otherwise.

Louis