[Scribus] insert lorem ipsum: back to context menu?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Jul 19 23:04:15 CEST 2005

Hi Craig,

> I have been trying to clean up the context menu. Inserting sample text is
> probably not a day to day task for a pro user? Or do others things otherwise?
> I can easily add it back if so.

It really depends on what you use a DTP app for. A newspaper or magazine
won't need sample text very often since the layout is more or less
fixed. On the other hand, if you have to do many different jobs for
different customers, all of them with different layout preferences,
lorem ipsum is a standard tool. Personally, I always present different
proposals with lorem ipsum to force them to *look*, and not to read.

> Perhaps assigning a shortcut would suit your purpose more? Any menu item can
> have a shortcut now, just edit in Preferences.

Of course this will do the job nicely. Maybe it would be useful to hear
what others think about this issue.

Christoph