[Scribus] insert lorem ipsum: back to context menu?

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Jul 19 18:53:24 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 03:43, Howard White wrote:
> >When I went to check this out, I noticed that one of the versions
> > of lorem ipsum is said to be in "Jiddish". Since I presume this
> > is not "Yiddish", then I guess it's supposed to be "Hebrew"?
>
> Insert it and you'll probably see a lot of garbage. Open it in
> StoryEditor and it's Hebrew. (I don't read Hebrew, but in multiple
> businesstrips to Israel, I've seen a lot of it.)

To display on the canvas you will need to select a font which has
Hebrew glyphs like Cardo: http://scholarsfonts.net/cardofnt.html

Qt will grab glyphs from other fonts to display correctly in the Story
Editor. Scribus does not, so when you select a font to display on the
canvas and it does not have Hebrew glyphs, it will show red squares
as missing glpyhs. Switch to a font that does and all is well.

The same case applies to Greek as well. Cardo works fine for Greek
glyphs as well.

Peter