[Scribus] La Liberté Install Problems

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Jul 19 17:17:55 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 16:59, frank gaude' wrote:
> I'm running 1.2.2.1 on a 64-bit AMD, 3000+ box, just upgraded to
> Fedora Core 4 with the latest updates. Decided to compile and run
> La Libert?. Installed kdebase-devel, etc. Made sure Qt 3.3.4 was
> installed.

The exact packages you need are specified in the BUILDING file.

kdebase-devel is not needed - ever. However, it wil pull in some, not
all of the dependencies for building scribus.

> Then, and then, ./configure ran okay, make took only three minutes.
> Knew something was wrong. Scribus 1.3.0cvs and FC3 using gcc 3 took
> 11 minutes on this machine. Install didn't work. Any suggestions. I
> can send the config.log or anything else that might be useful.
>
> Frank

What were the error messages from the console. I would also note FC-4
with GCC-4 is quite a bit faster at compiling c++ code in general.

You can post the config log and your console output here, then send
the link to the mailist.

http://pastebin.com/

Peter