[Scribus] Re: Fedora Core3 Install Problem with 1.3

PLinnell mrdocs
Sun Jul 17 20:57:11 CEST 2005

On Sunday 17 July 2005 19:39, Calum Polwart wrote:
> I am trying to install scribus 1.3.0 on my FC3 box.
>
> Have done the following:
>
> Downloaded tarball
> Extracted tarball as root to /usr/share/scribus/scribus-1.3.0/

BAD idea. You really should not compile as root.

I would remove that directory.

Then extract to $home/build or similar.Then run ./configure and
compile as root.

> installed/updated (using yum): qt-devel, freetype-devel,
> libart_lgpl-devel, fontconfig-devel, cups-devel, libtiff-devel,
> libxml2-devel, python-devel, lcms-devel, libpng-devel,
> lipjpeg-devel. Typed: ./configure (as root in
> /usr/share/scribus/scribus-1.3.0/)

Add
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/libstdc++-devel-3.4.2-6.fc3.i386.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/gcc-c++-3.4.2-6.fc3.i386.rpm