[Scribus] Understanding application of templates

dann s washko dann
Sun Jul 17 01:11:39 CEST 2005

dann s washko wrote:

> When you save a document as a template is it that this type of template
> can only be used when creating a new document?  Therefore, my idea of
> applying this type of template to a newly created page in an existing
> document will not work.
>
> Does the option to edit a template under the edit menu or when adding a
> page to an existing document utilizes a completely different template
> (what I gather is called a master page)?  This template is not
> accessible between documents, only within the document it was created by.
>
> Is it possible or will it be possible in a future version to make the
> template (master page) available across documents?

Alright, I think I figured it out after some more playing.

After creating the page templates and you save the document; you can
make these templates available to other documents by importing them via
the edit -> templates pallette.

--
Dann S. Washko
The Linux Link Tech Show