Re: [Scribus] Scribus Team Releases 1.3.0 - La Liberté

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Fri Jul 15 18:31:40 CEST 2005

Hello all!

First : *standing ovation* to the Team for bringing us 1.3 ... !

Second : on the name "La Libert?" I think it's very refreshing... and it
has also the quality of being full of sense. Libert? is what OSS is all
about. It is common to see the French word "Libre" along with the
English "Free" to accentuate on the "freedom" sense of this word instead
of "free of charge"... From there, we have FLOSS... Anyway, "La
Libert?", for these reasons, didn't sound just only French to me (!) as
I understood it more in its whole and wonderful universality.

The same reasoning would apply to a word such as "Solidarnosc" which I
think the whole world knows about! Besides, it can easily be understood
by lots of people, even if you don't speak Polish (I think).

I agree we could have such names for the upcoming Scribus releases. I
like the way Christoph considers French, of course!!! At the same time I
wouldn't ask for French names all the time! Like Peter puts it, we're
going to need to be creative next time!!!

What we need is a strong and meaningful name, no matter the language I
guess. If we dig and get the very best out of each culture and language,
we have endless possibilities!

Cheers! and "Vive Scribus" !!!

Louis

PLinnell a ?crit :