[Scribus] PDF to HTML?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Jul 13 12:36:21 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 10:39, Kurt Lhotzky wrote:
> I have the following problem:
>
> I have installed one Linux-program (pdf to html) and one window$-program
> (running under WINE) to convert scribus-created PDFs to HTML.
> Unfortunately, both programs don't create results properly. It seems
> that they cannot convert the fonts that I use in my documents. Has
> anyone an idea what to do?

Subset (convert to outlines in current Scribus code)? Make sure your html can
see your fonts too.

Wait until I write the exporter.. :)

> Second question: The file-size of PDFs is still very large (compared,
> for instance, with documents created with Quark and the Acrobat
> distiller). Is there a simple way to reduce the file-size?

Reduce the number of fonts embedded, increase compression at the risk of
quality loss. It will depend on the content. I can get a 300dpi 24 page
magazine in 12mb with lots of images and plenty of fonts.. I'm pretty happy.
ID2 couldnt do any or much better.

Craig