[Scribus] Problems using transparent images with PDF/X-3

Dirk Zugenmaier dirk
Fri Jul 8 16:10:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

perhaps someone can help:

This is my first attempt to do something with scribus, and I did not read the docs in depth when i started my project. Now I stumbled over the chapter, saying that transparent images don't work with PDF/X-3-output.

Ok, now I have a serious problem. My layout has a red background (CMYK 0/93/93/7) and some images that require transparency (PNG-Files). When trying to flattern the images and using the same background as specified for print, I get a complete mixup (different type of red in the image than the background). For editing images I use gimp and Scribus Version 1.2.2.1 for the layout.

Anyone any idea how to match the background of the image with the background of my scribus-file?

Thanks alot,

dirk zugenmaier