[Scribus] Stupid N00b Question

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska
Mon Jul 4 09:46:14 CEST 2005

On 7/4/05, John Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> I found a place on the wiki where it speaks of true quote marks. I
> have been doing DTP for years, and know exactly what they are
> and when to use them. What I can't figure out is how to get Scribus
> to use them automatically. Hitting F12 and entering a code is so
> last century. Surely there's a setting somewhere?

When I typeset a magazine in Scribus (1.2) a few months ago, I wrote a
search-and-replace awk script which I ran on all the text files before
I put them into Scribus.  They replaced all the quotes, n- and
m-dashes and ellipsis, and possibly also did some clean-up like
removing double spacing.  There is almost certainly a way to write a
script to do the replacement inside Scribus as well, using Python; I
haven't tried that yet.  I can post my awk script if you would like
it, but it'll have to wait until I'm at home later today.

Adrianna
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
--Registered Linux User #334504--