[Scribus] Stupid N00b Question

John Jordan johnxj
Mon Jul 4 08:19:46 CEST 2005

On 4 Jul 2005, at 7:47, Craig Bradney wrote:

> On Monday 04 July 2005 06:08, John Jordan wrote:
> > I found a place on the wiki where it speaks of true quote marks. I
> > have been doing DTP for years, and know exactly what they are and
> > when to use them. What I can't figure out is how to get Scribus to
> > use them automatically. Hitting F12 and entering a code is so last
> > century. Surely there's a setting somewhere?
>
> No, no setting.
> In 1.2.x you have F12 for entering unicode characters, any of them not
> just quotes. You also have insert glyph. In 1.3.x you have those, plus
> the insert menu items. You will hopefully have automatic replacement
> based on character style settings .. coming to a 1.3.x near you any
> time soonish :)

I found Insert Special, is that what you mean by Insert Glyph? It
works, but is kind of clumsy. For one thing, the window opens too
small and doesn't remember the size you dragged it out to.

Is there a way to do it by Search and Replace? I can't figure out
how to get 201c, etc. into the Replace box.

As for 1.3, I have 1.21 which was listed in Synaptic on my Ubuntu-
64 machine. Is there a Debian package somewhere with the latest
beta of 1.3?

Thanks!