[Scribus] Stupid N00b Question

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jul 4 07:47:30 CEST 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 06:08, John Jordan wrote:
> I found a place on the wiki where it speaks of true quote marks. I
> have been doing DTP for years, and know exactly what they are
> and when to use them. What I can't figure out is how to get Scribus
> to use them automatically. Hitting F12 and entering a code is so
> last century. Surely there's a setting somewhere?

No, no setting.
In 1.2.x you have F12 for entering unicode characters, any of them not just
quotes. You also have insert glyph.
In 1.3.x you have those, plus the insert menu items. You will hopefully have
automatic replacement based on character style settings .. coming to a 1.3.x
near you any time soonish :)

Craig