[Scribus] Features to be discussed: anchoring and library export

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Jul 1 20:38:08 CEST 2005

Hi Craig,

> There's now support for inline objects in text frames in 1.3cvs though,
> and I'm not really sure what that approach would gain us.

I'm still on 1.2.1 since my Mandrake 10.1 doesn't compile *anything* at
all. I will switch back to SuSE next week and grab 1.3. Thanks for the
information.

> During the collaboration discussion you will have noticed I linked to a
> lot of feature requests on the tracker. One of them was for externally
> linked text, and another for XML editing. There was also one for the new
> file format. They're all around much the same thing as what you
> describe, if I understand correctly.

You are correct. The feature requests on the tracker don't exactly
describe what I mean, but once they're implemented, other aspects of the
collaboration discussion will probably be easier to handle.

> Hopefully, the new file format will permit these things.

 From what I have learned during the discussion, I'm quite optimistic :)

Christoph