[Scribus] compiling ghostscript 8.x

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Jan 30 04:10:05 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry for posting this here, but the gs mailinglist seems to be dead
in the water :-(

I tried to compile (AFPL) gs 8.15 and later 8.50 under Mandrake 10.1. It
actually did compile but without support for X. As a consequence, I can
use gs to convert, but not to view Postscript files. gsview doesn't work
either, and viewing ps-files with XnView doesn't seem to be a viable
alternative.

To be sure, I chose the appropriate ./configure-settings (--with-x etc.)
and edited the makefile for Linux as explained in the gs-docs.

Any hints how to fix the problem would be appreciated.

Thx in advance,

Christoph