[Scribus] is it just me?

Lukasz [DeeJay1] Jernas deejay1
Sat Jan 29 19:06:49 CET 2005

Dnia Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:42:38 -0800 (PST) w e-mailu od Chris Turchin
<chris at turchin.net> przeczytano:

> Hi,
>
> I have been playing with scribus for a while now and used it for
> making a calendar (1.2.1 beta then 1.2.1) just recently, my first
> 'real' project and it works great, but i have one question: when i
> have a large text area (the calendar is A3 and I have one text area
> that is about 1/3-1/2 of the page), the text entry is painfully slow,
> e.g. I can write a sentence, go grab a cup of coffee and when i get
> back it is finally on the screen. when i copy/paste text from
> elsewhere or import text this is not the case, but normal writing is
> somewhat tedious... is somehting configured wrong on my machine? i
> tried it in a longer (20 page) document and a one-pager and this had
> no effect, so i am not really sure what else i can check.
>
> any tips would be appreciated.

Try using the Story Editor to edit text, I suppose you're trying to edit
it directly on the canvas but AFAIK that's not the right way (TM) in
Scribus, but sure this can be done so if you have time :)

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
"PLD wspiera tych uzytkownikow, ktorym PLD dziala." - djurban