[Scribus] Quark user's questions

John Kershaw john
Thu Jan 27 00:49:20 CET 2005

At 12:07 am +0100 27/1/05, Martin Costabel wrote:
>>Maybe not on unfriendly Mac, but on windows, yes. The arrows are
>>made for clicking on..
>
>It's actually quite standard Mac behavior, too. It's the way how you
>change the date and time for an iCal item, for example. There aren't
>even any arrow widgets any more. You either type the numbers or use
>the up and down arrow keys or the scroll wheel, just like it works
>in scribus.

Okay, I'm now eating my hat. I checked InDesign and... tada, I can
press up/down cursors when I'm in the measurements fields and the
image does indeed move.

But. Why would anyone do it like that? If I'm looking at a photo of a
girl I want to move the image so her hair is just the 'right'
distance from the top of the page. How will I know? I'll just know.
And I'll be looking at the image when I know, not the palette.

Humble pie for pudding?

John.