[Scribus] Quark user's questions

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Jan 26 23:56:26 CET 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 23:39, John Kershaw wrote:
> At 11:11 pm +0100 26/1/05, Craig Bradney wrote:
> >You have a context menu.. Ok it should be in the item menu, but a context
> > menu is more intuitive and takes less time.
>
> We disagree.

Mac / Windows person :) :)

In the land of OO interfaces, like where I come from.. OS/2.. context
sensitivity is everything.. everything right where you need it.

> >Tools->Scrapbook. Theres no space around the pages in 1.2.x to use as
> > scratch space.
>
> There's plenty of space. It's just greyed out. Page layout is about
> fitting a bunch of objects into a page-sized space. When the page is
> finished, all the space is used up (white space notwithstanding). So
> when you start, it stands to reason you need space to put all the
> bits in, in a spatially compatible fashion. When you do a jigsaw you
> can:
>
> a) leave all the pieces in the box til you need em
>
> b) put all the pieces in the middle of the table and try to 'work around
> them'
>
> c) spread the pieces around the outside of the jigsaw area and them
> into position as required
>
> I think most jigsaw and DTP fans would go for c)

C) is possible in 1.3

> >Its actually request a lot less than you would think.
>
> Then you have a lot of techies using Scribus. Techies know where they
> want to put the object before they create it. Designers... (don't get
> me started on designers...) move and tinker, and try this idea, no,

Some of us are designers too you know..

> >However .. wait until
> >1.3.0 is released :)
>
> What's the time frame on that?

1.3.x will be a developers series, 1.3.0.. when its done, but probably within
a month. We have some major things going on to get cleaned and stable before
we release.

Craig