[Scribus] Quark user's questions

Boštjan Špetič igzebedze
Wed Jan 26 22:36:01 CET 2005

> a) Where is 'Get Picture' in the menus? I eventually found it in the
> cmd-click contextual menu, but where it's equivalent in the menus?

i think there isn't one...

> b) Once the picture is in, I can't nudge it around with the cursor
> keys, only with the mouse, which is not fine enough control over
> placement

you can nudge the picture frame...

> c) Clicking out of a picture box moves the image! After inserting an
> image and moving it around, the photo always jumps into the top-left
> corner of the frame! Thereafter it works as expected.

well, the point of picture frames as i get it is, that you place the photo in them, and then place them (frames) on the page.

> d) How do I turn off the gridlines? I set 'Guides in front' but then
> I had a criss-cross green mesh all over my screen. The only way to
> 'hide' it seems to be to set the spacing to the width of the page!
> Seems that the 'View' menu should contain 'Show/hide guides/grid'
> (since they're related to viewing) whilst 'Snap to guides/grid'
> should be in the Settings menu. Odd.

there actually is one. view->show grid / show guides

> f) X-scale/y-scale is unlocked by default - dispro fitting is very
> rarely desired. Having the two locked together by default would make
> more sense.

i totally agree with you. if not the default, it should at least stay as i left it. i really hate this one... :)

> g) Undo doesn't work! This takes the biscuit! I moved an image inside
> the frame (by accident - I meant to move the frame itself). I hit
> ctrl-Z and nothing happened! Edit > Undo object move and still
> nothing happened.

undo will work in the next release... (so they promised ;)

> At this point I'm afraid I quit Scribus and fired up InDesign. Sorry :(

well, at least try again sometime...

regards, bostjan