[Scribus] Image export dpi problem

spiff spiff
Wed Jan 26 08:50:30 CET 2005

Hi,

I always export as eps, then import the image in The Gimp. i always have
to ensure antialias is set to "strong" for both images and text and the
resolution dpi imported is higher than i require (i use 600dpi i then
scale down the image in the gimp to 300 dpi before sending to the
printing company)

they key is to export as eps, use a high import resolution and use
antialias when importing into the gimp!

It works very well, and I have had a number of images professionally
printed using this method.

Andrew