[Scribus] What is this

BandiPat magicpage91
Tue Jan 25 05:35:17 CET 2005

Charles Wolff wrote:

> Hello,
> Scribus must stop comparing itself to Adobe In Design and Quark. The
> Scribus I downloaded is MS Publisher and may be worse. I have used
> Adobe  for years on my Mac system and what you have is junk. On the
> Mandrake 10  CD set Scribus is listed as "a work in progress",true
> enough, so please  keep listing your junk for free, I cannot imagine
> paying for the mess. I  am not going to waste time with a list of
> gripes, you are not Adobe, so  cool your heels.
> CW

Charles,
I see a couple of things wrong with your email right off.  One you are
testing with Mandrake, and an older, buggy version at that, thus an old
version of Scribus.  Two, you just don't know what you are talking about!

You obviously are not a professional or semi-professional typesetter/DTP
user, as many on this list or you would know and see the advantages
Scribus gives you over other similar programs.  Had you asked for more
info correctly, I'm sure many of the readers here would have offered
help.  As it is, you'll be lucky now to get a kind word on any subject.
  Since you seem to be trolling and not really interested in using
Scribus, it's beyond me why you would even bother to write to the list.
  Takes all kinds I suppose.

I'll leave you with something from Sam Levenson:
"It's so easy to be wise.  Just think of something stupid to say and
then don't say it!"

It's easy to see you were not wanting to be wise.  :o)

good day,
Patrick
(No offense meant to the list Mandrake users)

--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.2 Pro---
         Registered Linux User #225206