[Scribus] Re: Gentoo CUPS and ghostscript-afpl (WAS: Collecting scanner output...)

Morten Langlo mlanglo
Tue Jan 25 13:21:08 CET 2005

tir, 25 jan, 2005, 10:39:30 +0100, skrev Craig Bradney:

> > > It does if you use 8.15 and not 8.50. Works here perfectly.
> > >
> > > Craig
> >
> > Sorry Craig, still dosn`t work for me and I used 8.15. I unmerged
> > ghostscript and merged ghostscript-afpl, then remerged cups and is
> > doesn`t even print a test-page. Change ghostscript-afpl against
> > ghostscript and it works again, even without remerging cups. A lot of
> > troubles were reported in the forums regarding cups and this so-called
> > server-client-error and many say it?s because of ghostscript.
> > Do you have any tips for me - I`am a Gentooist for three month or so -
> > not so familar with every detauil of cause. Maybe I have to remerge
> > other ebuild to after ghostscript change to make it work?
>
> Sorry, no tips from me.. It just works (TM). I can switch from GS to GS-AFPL
> any day and cups works. Do you have the CUPS use flag set?
>
> Got a link to a forum thread?
>
> Craig

I think, if gs is used as a CUPS filter, the cups device is needed.

Ghostscript 8.15 needs to be patched with the CUPS driver for that.

Morten

--
Morten Langlo
8550 Ryomg?rd