[Scribus] color management

Peter Linnell mrdocs
Thu Jan 20 18:31:28 CET 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 18:08, David Herring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Love using scribus ... but now want to produce a high quality pdf ...
> currently the imported images look too grainy in the pdf 1.4 output ..so
> wanted to try pdf/x-3 .... but cannot find the 'activate colour
> management' option anywhere....

PDF/X-3 most likely will not improve the situation. The issue is probably lack
of sufficient resolution in the images. If you right click them there is a
small info pane on the size and ppi. What is it ?

> Have installed Scribus 1.2.1 rpm on SUSE 9.2 - also install littlecms
> and have added some profiles from adobe for this.
>
> My question is that I don't have the PDF/X-3 option under the pdf export
> options.

You need to ensure, "Use PDF 1.4 Transparency" features is disabled in
Preferences > Display. Then, CMS must be active.

> Where do I 'activate' colour management for this ? Is it that the
> scribus is not seeing the littlecms install / or perhaps the downloaded
> rpm does not have support for this ?

If it is an "unofficial" Suse one, an update from Suse or the one from
www.scribus.net or mirror, it certainly has lcms support.

you can do rpm -qi ./scribus-1.2.1* in the directory where the rpm was
installed from. That will tell you the packager.