[Scribus] Pale-Colours

Kobus Wolvaardt kobuswolf
Wed Jan 19 07:03:44 CET 2005

Hi,

I also had that problem, but it got fixed as soon as I enabled color
management in scribus and used photoshop 5 cmyk color model for the
printer.

Secondly, are you using rgb photo's or are you using cmyk photo's? If you
want to use photo's thats already in cmyk mode you could try changing it
to an eps before using it. (apperently there is some issues with cmyk
(except eps) files where the cmyk gets converted to rgb and reconverted to
cmyk before export)

> First thanks for that terrific application. But I have some problems.
> I?m using a HD-Install of Knoppix with Scribus 1.2.1 and little cms
> 1.13. If i import images to scribus and then export to PDF in CMYK, I
> get really washed out and pale colours on the monitor and on the
> printout, but if I do the same thing with Photoshop and with the same
> CMYK-profile, I get a almost  as the original RGB looking print. What am
> I doing wrong. Thanks, Alberto

Produksiebestuurder
Die W?reld media