[Scribus] Re: Scribus installation error files

Jozsef Mak j_mak3
Tue Jan 18 23:28:46 CET 2005

>From: Malte Cornils <malte at cornils.net>
>To: "Jozsef Mak" <j_mak3 at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Scribus installation error files
>Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:24:06 +0100
>
>Am Dienstag, 18. Januar 2005 05:38 schrieben Sie:
> > Hi Malte,
> >
> > Here, i am attaching two text files; one is the redirection text, the
>other
> > is the copy from the Terminal window. From some reasons the two are not
>the
> > same. I hope you can make sense out of them because for me they don't
>mean
> > much.
> > Thanks a lot once again for helping me with this long Scribus
>installation
> > saga.
>
>Weird. the terminal output one shows errors, probably at least
>libart-2.0-dev
>package is not installed or can not be found by configure.
>
>The strange thing is: the output redirected to console seems to be correct
>and
>resulted in a successful build of scribus (with a working libart, among
>others!).
>
>You could try to become root and do a make install there, with luck you'd
>get
>a working scribus 1.2.1 installation.

Hi Malte,

I tried to install Scribus with the error messages but the  binary didn't
install into the /ust/local/bin folder. it seems something is wrong
somewhere. For the time being, i just give up on Scribus, maybe later
someone find a solution for this problem and then i will try again.

Thanks for all the help.

jozsefmak