[Scribus] Feature request: OpenOffice 2.0 import / RTF import

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Jan 16 22:37:20 CET 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 22:24, Andreas Speck at home wrote:
> I'm planning to move away from using QuarkXPress for War Resisters'
> International's publications (see http://www.wri-irg.org/br-home.htm),
> and to produce them using Scribus. Luckily I was able to set up Scribus
> under Cygwin too, as sometimes I have to work in a Windows environment,
> although I would prefer not to... I will try our next newsletter with
> Scribus, which will require CMYK colours in PDF, as that's what our
> printers want... so I hope I will work it out.
>
> Nice to see that Scribus imports OpenOffice documents - unfortunately
> OpenOffice is now changing their format to the OpenDocument format, and
> the 2.0 release will probably come out within the next few months. I
> already now use 1.9.65, as M$ Office compatibility seems to be better
> (unfortunately needed), and the word count function is not hidden
> somewhere, but easily accessible. How will this effect the OpenOffice
> import for Scribus (I know that I can safe in OOo 1.1 format too)? Any
> plans to provide import filters for the different OpenDocument formats?
> As it seems KOffice might support this standard too in the future, it
> might be useful for Scribus to be able to import them too...
>
> And what about RTF? Many applications are able to export as RTF, and so
> RTF import would be nice too :)

Put simply, we have a nice text import interface written, and all it takes is
the time for a) us to write another importer for the 2.0 format, or RTF, or
any other format, or b), the time for someone else to write one. OO.org 2.0
format will certainly be high on the agenda though.

Craig