[Scribus] suse 9.2 upgrade

BandiPat magicpage91
Sun Jan 16 01:47:47 CET 2005

Maciej Hanski wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:14:50 -0800
> <bart at solozone.com> wrote:
>
>>Sorry to return to this theme. I just got the 9.2 UPGRADE and it tells me I must agree to Novell /SuSe upgrade maintenance protection terms available on line: www.suse.de/maintenance
>>which gives you a 14 digit number and assume I only guess what I read thru the legalese that you follow their point by point upgrades. I paid $49.99 (US) instead of ($79.99). But I do have all the prior stuff 8.2, 9.0, 9.1. So... did I shoot myself in the foot to save $25? Has Novell gone proprietary with this type of restriction which everyone on this list tells me is has NOT (even YAST being open source now)?
>>
>>Query: How do you update Fedora, similarly from F C 2 to F C 3??
>>I do not have broad band otherwise I could just install from on line their f t p server!
>>Bart Alberti
>>

> The following article is about updating some of the most popular distros:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/50687/
>
> Although it's not very up to date, I still find it very useful.
>
> br
> Maciej

Marciej,
The article is quite informative and helpful, as you suggested, although
somehwat dated.  Still a good reference though.

Bart,
I'm guessing it just time for you to move on from SuSE, you just seem to
have way more problems than most with it!  Sounds like you would do well
to just make a clean break and install FC3 or something that has fewer
problems for you, don't you think?  ;o)

regards,
Patrick

--