[Scribus] suse 9.2 upgrade

bart at solozone.com bart
Sat Jan 15 23:14:50 CET 2005

Sorry to return to this theme. I just got the 9.2 UPGRADE and it tells me I must agree to Novell /SuSe upgrade maintenance protection terms available on line: www.suse.de/maintenance
which gives you a 14 digit number and assume I only guess what I read thru the legalese that you follow their point by point upgrades. I paid $49.99 (US) instead of ($79.99). But I do have all the prior stuff 8.2, 9.0, 9.1. So... did I shoot myself in the foot to save $25? Has Novell gone proprietary with this type of restriction which everyone on this list tells me is has NOT (even YAST being open source now)?

Query: How do you update Fedora, similarly from F C 2 to F C 3??
I do not have broad band otherwise I could just install from on line their f t p server!
Bart Alberti