[Scribus] Scribus 1.2.1 crashes : Solved!

Plinnell scribusdocs
Fri Jan 14 17:07:26 CET 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 22:19, Martin Costabel wrote:
> Ralf H?ling wrote:
> > Das wars! Das "Generic Gray Profile.icc" war der B?sewicht. Seit ich das
> > beseitigt hab gehts wieder!
>
> Glad to hear this. I am not sure if the "Generic Gray Profile.icc" is
> really broken. What happens is that if it is chosen as profile for the
> monitor, then lcms gives the error that you have seen "Input profile is
> operating on wrong colorspace", and scribus then crashes. I am seeing
> this, too.

Surprise.. this is the first time I've ever seen an lcms related crash. Please
file a bug on this. This should not happen.

> The Fink package copies, at the end of the installation, the profiles
> from /System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ to /sw/lib/scribus/profiles/.
> This is done so as to have a minimal set of profiles and to enable those
> scribus functions that need the color management. I suppose I should
> exclude the Gray Profile from the list, since it makes scribus crash and
> it is unfortunately proposed as default monitor profile (for alphabetic
> reasons, I suspect) for new scribus installations. I don't know if there
> are situations where one would want a gray profile.

There are times when you do want greyscale profiles, though rare. Yes, those
profiles are useful for those who understand cms and I am glad to hear those
are accessible via the install.

 However, that brings a question: Is color management being enabled by
default ?

Cheers,
Peter