[Scribus] Scribus 1.2.1 crashes : Solved!

Martin Costabel costabel
Thu Jan 13 22:19:37 CET 2005

Ralf H?ling wrote:

> Das wars! Das "Generic Gray Profile.icc" war der B?sewicht. Seit ich das
> beseitigt hab gehts wieder!

Glad to hear this. I am not sure if the "Generic Gray Profile.icc" is
really broken. What happens is that if it is chosen as profile for the
monitor, then lcms gives the error that you have seen "Input profile is
operating on wrong colorspace", and scribus then crashes. I am seeing
this, too.

The Fink package copies, at the end of the installation, the profiles
from /System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ to /sw/lib/scribus/profiles/.
This is done so as to have a minimal set of profiles and to enable those
scribus functions that need the color management. I suppose I should
exclude the Gray Profile from the list, since it makes scribus crash and
it is unfortunately proposed as default monitor profile (for alphabetic
reasons, I suspect) for new scribus installations. I don't know if there
are situations where one would want a gray profile.

--
Martin