[Scribus] mailing list reply adress ?

Morten Langlo mlanglo
Thu Jan 13 14:06:22 CET 2005

tor, 13 jan, 2005, 13:41:35 +0100, skrev Bo??tjan ??peti??:
> hey
>
> on this and several other mailing lists (ocal for instance), when i hit
> reply, the to: address is of the individual who wrote the posting, and not
> of the mailing list. thus i constantly send personal e-mail instead of
> replying to the lists.. is this normal, is it just my client, doesn't this
> annoy anyone else?
>
> just checking... ;)

Hello bostjan.

It's the only thing the mail-client can do. when you reply
to a mail, you reply to the "From: address".

But some mail-clients you can tell it's coming from a mailing list,
f.ex. in the Mutt rcfile, I just write

    subscribe scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de

and then if I want to reply directly to the sender i press "r" and
if i want to reply to the list I press "L" and the address is then
taken from the "To: address" field.

Enjoy

morten

--