[Scribus] pdf creation - image downsampling

Lukasz [DeeJay1] Jernas deejay1
Wed Jan 12 16:51:23 CET 2005

Dnia Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:33:14 +0000 w e-mailu od Andy Prior
<andyprior at ntlworld.com> przeczytano:

> Dear All,
>
> I wrote to the list previously on this subject but there was no reply
> - don't  know why.
>
> The action of image downsampling in the pdf creation dialogue is to
> downsample  all images, there is no differention between different
> graphics eg. jpg  photos and imported pdf graphics.  I believe this to
> be the wrong philosophy  as it can lead to the pdf graphics looking
> unacceptably ugly when viewed on  the screen.
>
> I have changed this behaviour by changing the line
> "QMIN(Options->PicRes,  Options->Resolution)" in pdflib.cpp and
> recompiling.
>
> Would the Scribus developers please consider adding an extra check box
> to the  "pdf creation" dialogue to control whether downsampling
> applies to pdf  "PicRes".

Could you please post such a feature request on http://bugs.scribus.net/
? It's easier for the devs to keep track of such things there. E-mails
often get lost :)

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
"PLD wspiera tych uzytkownikow, ktorym PLD dziala." - djurban