[Scribus] broken python installation

Karsten Schwager broock54
Tue Jan 11 12:33:30 CET 2005

Hi,

I installed the newest version of Scribus from Mandrake Cooker. During
that, I also updated my libpython to 2.4. Then I started Scribus from
the konsole an d I got the following massages:

bash-2.05b$ scribus
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Failed to set default encoding to utf-8.
Failed to import warnings module. Something is probably broken with your
Python.
Exception exceptions.ImportError: 'No module named warnings' in 'garbage
collection' ignored
Fatal Python error: unexpected exception during garbage collection

I have no experience with Python. But During Installation I got only a
massage that I need the Python library Version 2.4. And that I
installed it too from the Mandrake Cooker source.

So mayby someone can tell me what is still missing on my system or what
I have to update too.

Thank for your help
Karsten