[Scribus] Compile error 1.2.1 on Ubuntu

Jozsef Mak j_mak3
Tue Jan 11 06:59:14 CET 2005

>From: Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au>
>To: Jozsef Mak <j_mak3 at hotmail.com>
>CC: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>Subject: Re: [Scribus] Compile error 1.2.1 on Ubuntu
>Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:57:49 +0800
>
>On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 23:10 -0500, Jozsef Mak wrote:
>

> > This is a snippet from config.log file that i could find relating to
>qt-mt
> > library.
>
>Ok, here's what's happening. Configure attempts to compile a code
>snippet it generated as a test for whether Qt is present and works:
>
> > configure:40081: rm -rf SunWS_cache; g++ -o conftest -Wnon-virtual-dtor
> > -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
>-Wcast-align
> > -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings
>-O2
> > -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions
>-fno-check-new
> > -fno-common -I/usr/share/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
> > -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -L/usr/share/qt3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
> > conftest.cc -lnsl  -lqt-mt -lpng -lz -lm -ljpeg -ldl  -lXext -lX11 -lSM
> > -lICE  -lpthread 1>&5
>
>gcc prints this message:
>
> > conftest.cc:8:2: #error 1
>
>and exits with status '1', which configure notices:
>
> > configure:40084: $? = 1
>
>Configure prints the text of the failed program:
>
> > configure: failed program was:
> > #include "confdefs.h"
> > #include <qglobal.h>
> > #include <qapplication.h>
> > #include <qcursor.h>
> > #include <qstylefactory.h>
> > #include <private/qucomextra_p.h>
>
>That program includes code to check the value of QT_VERSION that's
>defined in the Qt includes and abort with error code 1 during
>compilation if the value is too low:
>
> > #if ! (QT_VERSION >= 0x030300)
> > #error 1
> > #endif
>
>As we saw above, when configure compiled the program it did abort with
>error code 1, so the Qt headers think your Qt version is older than
>3.3.
>
>Have a look around your system and make sure you don't have multiple
>versions of Qt installed. Look for multiple copies of
>'qglobal.h' (that's where QT_VERSION is defined). You can use 'dpkg
>-S /path/to/qglobal.h' to find out what package the specified file is
>in, and 'dpkg -l' to ask what version that package is, eg:
>
>craig:~$ dpkg -S /usr/include/qt3/qglobal.h
>libqt3-headers: /usr/include/qt3/qglobal.h
>craig:~$  dpkg -l libqt3-headers
>||/ Name           Version        Description
>+++-==============-==============-================
>ii  libqt3-headers 3.3.3-7        Qt3 header files
>
>If you really NEED old versions of Qt installed as well, either remove
>the -dev packages containing their headers, or explicitly specify which
>version to use with the --with-qt-includes argument to configure and/or
> [...]

After entering the command you mentioned I got the following output. It
seems something isn't right but i dont know how should i interpret it.

mak at ubuntu:~ $ dpkg -S /usr/include/qt3/qglobal.h
libqt3-headers: /usr/include/qt3/qglobal.h
mak at ubuntu:~ $ dpkg -l libqt3-headers
uppercase=bad)
ii  libqt3-headers 3.2.3-4ubuntu1 Qt3 header files
mak at ubuntu:~ $