[Scribus] Compile error 1.2.1 on Ubuntu

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jan 11 03:29:09 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 15:51 -0500, Jozsef Mak wrote:

> So far ive installed the following packages.
>
> libqt3-mt-dev
> libqt3-headers
> libqt3-compat-headers
> libqt3c102
> libqt3c102-mt
>
> I don't know what else can i do.

I just ran into the same problem on Debian Sarge. libqt-mt.so.3 was
in /usr/lib, the includes were in /usr/include/qt3, but it just wasn't
finding the library. The configure snippet was compiling correctly and
it was finding the includes. However, ld was failing because it couldn't
find qt-mt despite it being very plainly on the default search path AND
explicitly specified on the gcc command line.

I had libqt3c102-mt and libqt3-dev installed.

For some reason, installing libqt3-mt-dev instead (I still don't
understand why they're different packages given that threading is a
compile time option) solved the problem for me.

Can I get you to post a snippet from config.log where it fails? Search
for 'qt-mt' and look for the failure around there.

--
Craig Ringer