[Scribus] Compile error 1.2.1 on Ubuntu

Malte Cornils malte
Sun Jan 9 19:36:07 CET 2005

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 9. Januar 2005 19:26 schrieben Sie:
> Malte Cornils <malte at cornils.net> writes:
> > 2.) You could also get the source package for libqt3, install its build
> > dependancies with apt-get build-dep scribus and compile this on a warty
> > system. This does not always work, but most of the time you get a new
> > package that is more compatible than the hoary package while less
> > compatible than a carefully done manual backport. (I'll spare you the
> > details - if you can install all build deps and the package builds and
> > dpkg -I shows good dependancies, installing it should be safe).
>
> There might be a more simple solution. AFAIK, ubuntu is basically
> Debian? Is it possible to install Debian packages on it? There are
> lots of backports for Debian "woody", see www.apt-get.org

That won't work IIRC, warty is based on an earlier version of sarge, not on
woody, and one important difference between those two versions is the new
gcc-3.x, which results in incompatibility regarding C++ libs (ABI changed).
libqt3 is one of those. That's also why some packages now have the c102
suffix to their names.

That is also a good example of why randomly getting packages from newer
version of the unstable distribution while having most packages on testing
("pinning") is not always such a good idea.

-Malte