[Scribus] Images in PDF output

Henry Hartley henry
Sun Jan 9 18:55:18 CET 2005

I've created a few documents in Scribus and am very happy with it
overall.  Sure, it takes a bit of getting used to but that's true with
any sophisticated piece of software.  My question has to do with image
quality in pdf documents created by scribus.  What happens is this: I
have images that I've edited (either in GIMP on Linux or Photoshop on
Windows).  The images look go both on-screen and when printed directly
from GIMP or Photoshop.  Next, I create a document in scribus and place
the photograph in that document.  I create a PDF document from that
scribus document and take it to be printed.  The photograph, however, is
seriously washed out.  It appears washed out in the pdf when viewed
on-screen, also.

I'm not sure if this happens during the inclusion of the image into the
scribus document or at the point where the PDF is created.  I haven't
found any way to control the images other than going back into the image
in GIMP and darkening them (much darker than seems reasonable).  Is that
what I should be doing or is there something else going on that I can
control?  Thanks for any advice you can provide.

--
Henry