[Scribus] Remote Execution

Uwe Fechner ufechner
Sun Jan 9 18:07:26 CET 2005

Marshall Lake schrieb:

>Only one of my machines is updated enough in order to compile version
>1.2.1 of Scribus.
>
>How can I execute scribus on a remote machine and display it on the local
>machine?  Scribus doesn't seem to recognize the (I thought standard ?)
>--display option.

Hello,

log into the remote machine with:

ssh -X <remote-machine-name>

Then just start scribus, it should be displayed on your local
screen.

An other possiblity is to use nxclient and nxserver from
www.nomachine.com

This works really good even over a slow (40kBits/sec) connection.

nxclient is free (as beer) for windows, linux, mac ... , the server
costs 50...500 EUR, but there is a free implementation available,
too.

This is a really good was to use scribus on a windows machine.

Reagrds:

Uwe Fechner