[Scribus] Remote Execution

Lukasz [DeeJay1] Jernas deejay1
Sun Jan 9 16:21:48 CET 2005

Dnia Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:09:41 -0500 (EST) w e-mailu od Marshall Lake
<mlake at mlake.net> przeczytano:

> Only one of my machines is updated enough in order to compile version
> 1.2.1 of Scribus.
>
> How can I execute scribus on a remote machine and display it on the
> local machine?  Scribus doesn't seem to recognize the (I thought
> standard ?) --display option.

Try typing  "DISPLAY=yourdisplay scribus" (sans quotes and
replace yourdisplay with the proper parameters). Scribus relies on Qt
for display so this should work.
Personally I use ssh -Y remote_machine where I can run any commands
without messing with the DISPLAY variable myself...

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
"PLD wspiera tych uzytkownikow, ktorym PLD dziala." - djurban