[Scribus] New release information

Russ russbucket
Sun Jan 9 03:16:29 CET 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 12:40 pm, you wrote:
> On Saturday 08 January 2005 17:47, Russ wrote:
> > Being new to Linux and Scribus I'd like to know if the SuSE9.1 rpm is the
> > lastest release in this announcement. If not which zip program do I use
> > to unzip the releases with gz2?
> >
> > Also should I uninstall the old version first? I'm doing a newsletter on
> > 1.2 Build ID 28. the rpm I installed from is 1.2.1, same name as one on
> > scribus website?
> >
> > Thanks for any response. I really like Scribus and it is functioning as a
> > replacement for my old Windows Publisher stuff. Are there any envelope
> > templates availble?
>
> If you wait a short few hours, I will have a Suse 9.1 rpm ready for
> downloading.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter
Thanks Peter I just downloaded the SuSE 9.1 RPM. Still unsure of a couple of
things:
1. Should I uninstall the older version first?
2. Should I backup the templates, Styles etc I have made? Will they work with
new version?
3. What happens with the links to the clip art used in my newsletter?

Thanks foer your ha elp and my news letter I had to mail today came out fine
from the print shop. I save it as pdf and also have a need for the ability to
easily rotate items as mentioned in other posts on the list. Much better that
using MS Publisher?

If you get this twice I'm sorry, but I'm going to try the install tomorrow or
Tuesday.
--
Russ