[Scribus] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.09 Announcement

Plinnell scribusdocs
Fri Jan 7 14:04:40 CET 2005

 http://www.openclipart.org

Release 0.09 of the Open Clip Art Library is now available for download on the
site as an individual package:

    http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/openclipart-0.09.tar.gz

    http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/openclipart-0.09.zip

 This new package is 20MB and contains 3104 unique user-submitted files, an
increase from previous releases. The Open Clip Art Library is also browsable
at www.openclipart.org where one might find specific clip art by searching
through categories such as animals, education, transportation, or geography.

Thank you to everyone who sent encouraging e-mails while the Open Clip Art
Library's hosting project, freedesktop.org, underwent necessary maintenance
due to a server break-in. freedesktop.org now has a much stronger server
management system in place and our services are now completely back on-line
from the incident. This intermittent downtime caused our developers to
consider mirroring strategies. If you have any server space available and
would like to host a mirror, please e-mail our mailing list. In the end,
these events bolster an open source project and make it much stronger.

To start the new year right, we decided to restart our montly release cycle,
and begin to focus our attention to the project roadmap
(http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Roadmap). For the upcoming 0.10
release, we encourage submission of Valentine's Day themed artwork, to help
users with their love life. Behind the scenes, we will be integrating Bryce
Harrington's Document Management System (DMS) to mediate the submissions we
receive. DMS is a real breakthrough in document management, which is akin to
source code management (CVS, SVN, etc), but for everyday practical group
projects, versioning, and collaboration using various file formats.

Our core developers have also been discussing a few different sub-projects
such as adding support to our services for Font submissions
(http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Open_Font_Library) and also a way to
auto-generate greeting cards
(http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Greeting_Cards). Please add your
comments to the aforementioned wiki pages and help us realize these ideas in
the coming year!

If you are interested in this project, please join our mailing list
(http://freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/clipart), check out the roadmap
(http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Roadmap), and continue to submit your
clip art! As the new year starts we are hoping to attract new developers and
artists to work on the project. Happy New Year!

Visit the Library at http://www.openclipart.org/