[SPAM] Re: [Scribus] 250-300 page book

Gerald Quakenbush geraldq
Wed Jan 5 19:01:12 CET 2005

Thanks.

On the page number issue - I found a solution. I just opened the scribus file
in my programmers editor (jedit) and edited the XML - right near the top there
is an attribute called FIRSTNUM, by changing that the page numbers all updated
correctly.

I'll get the last code from CVS. We are coders here - we know that better than
publishing to be honest, so we are not afraid of wipping up some python if
need be or evening digging in to C++.

Any tips on preparing screenshots for print? I want my books to look top
notch. Currently, I do the screen capture with GIMP, change the image mode to
greyscale, then use the scaling window in GIMP to change the graphic to
300x300 DPI, then I rescale the size of the picture. It looks fuzzy on the
screen (in Scribus), but when I print it on my 600 dpi laser it looks good.
>From GIMP, I save the screen catpures as TIFF for use in Scribus.

One printer told me he needs the TIFFs (for the screenshots, PDF for text)
another said the PDF was all he needed - which one knows what he's doing?

Thanks so much.